How To Make Your Facebook Page Public For SEO Benefit
If you can’t see your company’s Facebook page when you are not logged into Facebook, then Google can’t see it either. And you want Google to see it so that you get the SEO benefit of having a Facebook page like Google expects a legitimate business to have.
Here’s a quick fix to make your Facebook Company Page visible to the public.
Login to Facebook
- Go to your company page (not your personal page)
- In the upper left corner – you should see: Page | Activity | Settings
- Click on “Settings”
Check Your Country Restrictions
- Under the General tab (that’s where you are by default) click on Country Restrictions to verify you don’t list a specific country (click the image at the right to enlarge).
- The example below shows that our Facebook Company page will only show in the United States – click the “x” to remove and save your changes.
Check Your Age Restrictions
- Just below the Country Restrictions is Age Restrictions – edit this section so that you are visible to Anyone (13+).
- Click the image to the right to enlarge – it shows this setting as well. Don’t forget to save your changes.
That’s it – Log out of Facebook, then put your Facebook Company Page url (eg: https://www.facebook.com/nettrafficacademy) in the address bar of your browser and check to make sure you can see your business without having to login to Facebook.